//@Cyber Menace@\\

Monday, April 17, 2006

Journal Part (II)

Okay my dear blog, I am back after a long long time..

The past few weeks just flew away in a flurry of activities. I finally made the release of the software I was developing last Thursday. Thankfully the weekend being a long one on occasion of "Good Friday", I caught up on my much needed sleep. I guess I must have slept 12 hours each day for the last three days! Went to Church for the Good Friday service and the Easter Night vigil. Had a one on one with God after a long time. Was kind of good since I didn't have office pressing on my mind this weekend for a change. So as promised earlier here is the much awaited Journal Part-Deux.

So lets start from where I left in my last Journal entry, The point where I just dropped from thin air at Bristol. The weekdays were kind of drab out there. Got up at 6:30 in the morning and after my usual morning ablution watched an episode of "F.R.E.I.N.D.S" from 7:30 to 8:00. Never fails to tickle your funny bone! Went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and on the way booked a cab to the office for 8:30. Tore into a "Full English Breakfast" or a "Continental Breakfast" depending on the condition of my stomach ..i.e. if I can stomach all the food :) The cab usually arrived dot-on-time (some things I like about the British!). By the time the small talk with the cab driver reached its crescendo, reached office by 8:45 am. The traffic snarls at a small pace like Bristol is comparable to the ones we have in Delhi!

Once at office I usually settled down to work after a cup of black coffee with colleagues. After my innumerable trips abroad I have developed a taste for black coffee without sugar! Jumpstarts your day. Then I got down to work on my project, the details of which are confidential. Ha ha ha ..its not confidential, but I assure you that the details of it are immensely boring ;) Went for lunch at around 12:30 pm at the company cafeteria. I'd rather not give the details of the same since boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato casserole and potato fries doesn't exactly qualify for a sumptuous and scrumptious meal. The deserts were passable, but the names were quite interesting .. roly-poly with custard, rumble-crumble with custard, treacle-pudding with custard and Apple-pie with custard sound tasty, but believe me they are not .. and I have not yet deciphered the English penchant for custards!

Getting back to work after lunch and a coffee break somewhere down the line constituted the rest of the day. Usually left for the Hotel by 6:00 pm. Sometimes on the way back I asked the cab driver to stop at Wal-Mart, from where I bought my stock of "Red Wine". Once back in the room I would watch TV .. BBC-1/BBC-2/BBC-3 and a few movie channels that showed run-of-the mill crap, nothing interesting but was OK time pass while I sip my bubbly. Went down to the hotel restaurant for Dinner which was much much better that the office stuff

Usually had Pizza or curry or chicken steak...hmm nice. Sometimes went out for Dinner to a local Indian/Paki restaurant. Would get back to the hotel by around 9:30 pm, read a novel till 11:00 pm. By the way I finished "Nemesis" by Isaac Asimov and "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini during my stint at Bristol. So you can well imagine how boring the entire stay was. The novel reviews will follow sometime later. Ohh..and by the way I haven't mentioned my one weekend at Bristol. Was quite eventful, the details of which will come later in my next post. I have uploaded the Bristol Pics you can get them here: Bristol Snaps

So till my next post ..ta da ...


Post a Comment

<< Home