//@Cyber Menace@\\

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Back To Square One

I am back!

Back to the maddening crowd and sultry weather. Every time I come back from a trip abroad I spend a week lamenting on the state of affairs in
India. Why is India the way it is? Its because the people out here are incorrigible I guess. But what makes them so? What is so special about the western countries and its people that they have a flourishing developed society? Beats me.

At Amsterdam
airport when they called out passengers to come in a orderly manner to board the plane (they were calling for passengers according to decreasing seat numbers) all the people of "Indian Origin" rushed to the gate irrespective of their seat number. Tugging, pushing and falling over one another to enter the plane first. Now all these MORONS are literate, can read and write English, infact 99% would be graduates. I guess they think that the plane will leave without them or someone else will occupy their seats if they don't rush. Having taken their seats first is an achievement of sorts. You can notice the winner's smirk on their faces. These very guys spend the next one hour fretting and fuming because the plane will leave only after everyone has boarded and that too at the scheduled time. That's the prize for coming first you BUFFOONS!

When a "white" fellow passenger after witnessing these acts asked me if I was an Indian, I was too ashamed to answer.


PS: The Bristol pics with Journal Part-II will follow soon. I am in the process of uploading the pics. and I am a wee bit busy too !

1 Comments:

  • How true! I Could never relate to people rushing unnecesarily...seems like we are programmed to tug and pull and get the satisfaction of being first in a totally useless game...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:54 PM, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home