//@Cyber Menace@\\

Friday, January 27, 2006

Of dark clouds and rainbows


This is one of my favorite photographs I took in Paris. Being an amateur photographer I am surprised at the way this came out! I still remember that day as if it happened just yesterday ..

It was one of those days when you are down and out. I had a lot of worries in my mind on my job front, the assignment I was supposed to complete in France was running into rough weather and I was feeling miserable. Out there all alone with no one to share my thoughts, it was hell. So one weekend I went on a city tour all by myself. The thought of going to office the following Monday was killing me. I happened to reach "Sacre-Coeur" the sacred heart cathedral in the heart of Paris atop a hill. The view from the top was spellbinding, but the sky was overcast as if mirroring my feelings. It began to drizzle. Having being left with no options I entered the church. The peace and calm inside was eerie, the candles and the low hum of the piano soothing .. so I just sat there trying to soak in the feeling of peace and calm. It really had an delirious effect, somehow I felt better much lighter. After about half an hour I came out of the transept to a sunny day, the clouds had gone mysteriously! A rainbow could be seen on the horizon. An exquisite sight. I don't have the words to describe the same but it was a godsend. This photograph captured the moment of revelation. Once the feeling of gloom was dispelled, I spent the weekend much lighter and the week that followed saw the seemingly unsolvable issue just melt away..

I am not a very religious person, I am more of a skeptic and I take everything offered with a pinch of salt. I know its just a coincidence, but I have come to realize how strong is the power of nature to gently suggest and coax you out of a slumber, uplift your spirits. And yes, do the seemingly impossible .. Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • hey buddy , thanx 4 drooping by my blog.....
    gone through of ur posts...u really express ur feelings well in a very simple manner.....
    u know wat if u'll really believe in nature then one day u will surely fnd it to be the best of all ur companys as it laughs with u ven u r happy n makes u shed off ur worries ven ur sad....nature n god was...is...n will... always be with u.....

    n my confusions hv still not vanished completely..nyways thanx 4 ur concern...

    all d bst !!
    Keep writing n keep smiling :-)

    By Blogger Emotions, at 10:47 AM, January 27, 2006  

  • @neetika
    Yes mam, It's one of my many photographs. For more visit the Travelougues link.

    @emotions
    thanks for the high five !
    and wishing that you get over with your confusions soon !

    By Blogger CyberMenace, at 12:03 PM, January 27, 2006  

  • hey buddy !!

    thanks for dropping by ! Cool post you have going here ..eh !!

    i couldnt agree more with emotions!

    And BTW....Monday blues are never welcome !! and a word of advice ;

    Whenever you feel like working......

    Just Sit down....

    Realx....

    Take a deep breath.....

    until......

    That feeling goes away ... ;0)

    'Wicked' i know

    take care.
    GoD BleSS !!
    Cheers!

    By Blogger Shalz Nair, at 12:09 PM, January 27, 2006  

  • thanx for dropping by my blog...

    Well its usually the way of the cosmos to make us realise that we have someone, who is much more powerful than us and if we surrender ourselves completely to that vast space of energy, its bound to heed to our words n make us realize its presence....

    The photograph is just too good :)
    God bless u!!!

    By Blogger Manish, at 10:10 PM, January 27, 2006  

  • this post touchd my heart.. made me remember one such day around 2 yrs back..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 PM, January 27, 2006  

  • Nice post. I have also been to Sacre cour and Montmartre.. really nice church. Much better than Notre dame actually ..

    BTW I couldnt place you.. you wrote that you visited my blog again after long, but I happen to be seeing you for the first time :)

    By Blogger Twilight Fairy, at 4:40 PM, January 31, 2006  

  • Thanks for your comments on my blog. This really is an amazing picture.
    :)

    By Blogger Miss A, at 2:10 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home