//@Cyber Menace@\\

Friday, February 10, 2006

This too shall pass

What drives people to commit suicide? This thought has been lingering in my mind ever since I read that a prominent TV actress committed suicide yesterday. Is it just a means of running away from your problems? How can people mess up their lives so much that even the line, "This too shall pass" falls flat on the ground?

One cannot get into the minds of these unfortunate people to understand their apprehensions, but sometimes I feel that probably if they had given some serious thought and held on, probably the troubles at hand would cease to remain so after some time. Musing on it I realized that every time I came across a crunch situation, I felt that this probably is the most difficult times of my life, if just this passes away my life would be normal and uncomplicated forever. Is it ever so? It's never true. Don't we feel that the latest problems are so much more complicated than problems ever faced before? But life goes on. Life should go on. Its all about weathering the onslaught. As the years pass away one gains confidence to take on every issues life throws up. As I said earlier, "This too shall pass .."

What if she had held back her decision? What if the problems just vanished after a few days? A beautiful life wasted; leaving behind a shattered family, and loved ones scarred forever.

PS: With due respect to others feelings, I might be wrong, but this is my personal opinion on this issue.





5 Comments:

  • I suppose when "This" in time extends way above one;s physchological strengths, "This" seems too long to handle, or when you dont want to take Hard decision to change "This". .. One buckles down in defeat !

    - Tanny.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM, February 10, 2006  

  • I want to quote one line
    "Tough times don't last , but tough ppl do"
    Those with a strong will power and level head are those who can endure without breakin....

    By Blogger Manish, at 1:59 PM, February 10, 2006  

  • @lady
    If I have touched a raw nerve there I am very sorry, as I wrote earlier its my personal opinion. However I would like to add a few things:

    >if u read his last letters. he just
    >wanted to die coz that time was
    >perfect for him
    Agreed, but how many ppl commit suicide because they are "happy"?

    >we waste life when we live a mundane
    >mediocre one.
    If one feels that one's life is mediocre he or she should do something to change it. Thats what living is all about. You hust don't hang up your gloves because you don't like to loose or you dont like the rules. Fight to change the rules.

    >what really pisses me off is when ppl
    >state that those committing suicide or
    > those who attempt to do so are
    >cowards.
    I would like to state that I never consider them as cowards. I just wanted to muse on the magnitude of troubles that leads people to do so. What puzzles me is that if one has the guts to end one's life then one should also have the guts to live it, in the face of all adversity. If one cannot its just beyond my comprehension.. probably you are right, I am not in their shoes to understand .. but its sad anyways..

    By Blogger CyberMenace, at 3:38 PM, February 10, 2006  

  • Read ur article, agreed with what u said. Read ladys' comment and felt her feelings. Read ur reply to her and I admire the way u have tried to explain it to her.
    Amidst all these readings my original comment has gone somewhere behind a veil. I am not sure what I must say here without offending lady [if she comes back and reads this]
    I would only like to say one thing ... yes circumstances get worse, they tend to weaken your confidence, making you succumb to the pressure and let go everything. But hang on for some more time because "It is darkest few moments before dawn"
    We cannot say that those who commit or attempt suicide are cowards, NO they are not. They just need to be understood and made to understand that life is beyond what we see and deeper than we can fathom.
    Last but not the least, if you are a survivor then it is for a reason and you are not a loser because survivors can never be losers.

    I have a link to share ~
    http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/


    GBU
    Arti

    By Blogger Arti Honrao, at 4:41 PM, February 10, 2006  

  • cybermenace, in these stressful times, there are times when there seems to be no way out...a person's mind becomes numb, he/she looses capacity to think logically (which is itself a relative term), and there seems to be no hope...these feelings are, like everything else, momentary...but what if the person takes a decision in that one insane moment?....the decision would be, more often than not, drastic...which will lead to further drastic consequences...

    By Blogger another illusion, at 10:00 PM, February 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home