//@Cyber Menace@\\

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Need for Speed

Since yesterday's marriage party stretched well beyond midnight, I was not in a position today to take my usual company bus to office. So I went around the morning ablutions at my own leisurely pace. Left for office from home at 9:30 in the morning. After passing a couple of kilometers of customary office hour traffic I hit the expressway. This is the same road where our company bus goes about in its own lazy pace while I read something or listen to music.

The moment I hit the expressway I throttled up my car to its limit. Oh what fun! At 150 kmph (unfortunately that's the max my poor old buddy can take) I tasted the sweet fruit called nirvana or mokhsha, whatever its called! Cruising the road at this speed made every nerve in me tingle. The intense concentration it takes along with the eyes-hands-foot coordination to overtake overloaded trucks and an occasional tractor trailer is nothing short of intense meditation. Listening to the roar of the engine, the complaining creaks from each part of the car's body, the shudder of the chassis was, oohhh sweet music to my ears! Being hypnotized by the frenzied movement of the lamp posts and lane divider markings is like a heavenly experience. Its like you are sitting in this capsule, very still, whilst the landscape is rushing by..

Now that I am in office after this intoxicating experience, my mind is clear and the lingering fatigue has given way to an uplifting emotion. I can't but agree with Maverick and Goose who averred in the movie "Top Gun",

I feel the need, the need for speed!


4 Comments:

  • "Its like you are sitting in this capsule, very still, whilst the landscape is rushing by.."

    i know that feeling. it's heaven!!

    By Blogger another illusion, at 11:41 AM, February 07, 2006  

  • I really wish i would get an opportunity to drive a car at a speed,probably the highest one........"Being hypnotized by the frenzied movement of the lamp posts and lane divider markings is like a heavenly experience. Its like you are sitting in this capsule, very still, whilst the landscape is rushing by.."wish to have such an experience....nice post !!

    all d bst !!
    keep writing n keep smiling :-)

    By Blogger Emotions, at 10:44 AM, February 08, 2006  

  • 150 kmph!!!
    hum...where is your license??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 AM, February 08, 2006  

  • @illusions & @emotions
    All you need to do to feel it to hit on the gas! But be careful, else you might end up being another blip in blogspere ;)

    @neetika
    Sorry to say, but I don't teach females after a hair raising and nerve-wracking experience with by sis.

    @ekta
    As long as the cops don't know its our little secret !

    By Blogger CyberMenace, at 2:34 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home